What causes fatigue and excessive sleepiness in an elderly person with post polio syndrome?
Please do the following tests
Hello and welcome in HCM
I can understand your concern
According to the history it would be better for you to consult your doctor for probably further follow up because usually viral situation last for up to a week and probably you have an acute bronchitis.
If you were my patient i would order a chest x ray and some blood tests for you such as: CRP and hemogram
If they come positive than probably an antibiotic is needed (like Amoxicilin orally) for one week.
Or if you do the above you can attach me the results and i will help you again.
Hope to have been helpful for you
Regards and feel free to ask me again
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Post polio syndrome precautions
- Post polio syndrome and taking diovan
- Diagnosis of Post-polio syndrome
- Post polio syndrome causes
- Post polio syndrome naturopathy
- Symptoms of Post-polio syndrome
- What are the chances of developing post polio syndrome
- Post polio syndrome and hearing loss
- Post polio syndrome seizure
- What causes post polio syndrome
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?