What causes fatigue and excessive sleepiness in an elderly person with post polio syndrome?

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Aug 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I've been sick for four days. I have weakness, sleep a lot and this morning I coughed up green phlegm I'm 87. Years of age and hae Post Polio syndrome .

YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please do the following tests

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM

I can understand your concern

According to the history it would be better for you to consult your doctor for probably further follow up because usually viral situation last for up to a week and probably you have an acute bronchitis.

If you were my patient i would order a chest x ray and some blood tests for you such as: CRP and hemogram

If they come positive than probably an antibiotic is needed (like Amoxicilin orally) for one week.

Or if you do the above you can attach me the results and i will help you again.

Hope to have been helpful for you

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad