What causes false positive for alcohol during drug test?
what could be going on with him.
not quite sure of the test
but if the breathalizer came up zero....?
There are several tests for alcohol. All of them can have false positives under some circumstances. Sounds like it is an enzyme based strip test that direct tests alcohol by having it react with an enzyme that breaks down alcohol and produces a chemical reaction that turns an indicator XXXXXXX color.
note that directions require not having anything in the mouth for a full 15 minutes prior to the test because a wide range of things react with the enzyme, the indicator or the XXXXXXX or the strip. I think this is one of two likely reasons it MISFIRED and GAVE A WRONG READING.
The other possibility on a different alcohol test probably does NOT apply here. Urine tests for a different chemical are messed up by bacteria that make the chemical. I wonder about mouth bacteria making alcohol, but I've no data or papers to support his worry.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Apdexin cause drugs test problem
- Will liver hepatitis c cause false positive drug test for thc
- False positive drug test for methamphetamine
- Can kalms cause a false positive on a drug test
- What causes false positive methamphetimines in a drug test
- Amphetamine false positive drug test
- Does nicorette cause false positive on a drug test
- What is the cause for inconclusive drug test
- Does atripla cause false positives in drug tests?
- False positive drug tests