What causes excessive burping and belching after eating and drinking?
And I guess now that I’m writing this I’m wondering if the change that occurred in my voice last summer might also be connected. Is this what acid reflux does? Do you think maybe it’s that? I don’t have any burning in my chest though and I thought that was what occurred with acid reflux. Anyway, thoughts on what I can do to control the burbs. It’s gotten to the point that I cannot eat or drink in front of anyone. Thanks
Simethecone and Omeprazole
The burps could be due to gas emitted by the undigested food. Acid reflux can also cause such burps, but lesser without burning or squeezing pain. Vomiting is due to indigestion. Voice change can be ignored now. If it requires that can be considered an added symptom and investigate further. For now I would suggest to take Phazyme/Simethicone tablet thrice a day before food for two days.
Acid reflux can be tested if it helps by taking Prilosec OTC early in the morning for a week. If Prilosec helps the symptoms, then the current symptoms can be due to reflux as well. We do not see reflux in active fit individuals unless they have really starchy or carbon rich food.
Dr. Suma Parinam,
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes excessive belching with back pain
- Belching right after drinking water causes
- What causes uncontrollable belching
- What causes excessive salivation and burping
- What causes burping and nausea after eating
- What causes burping after food
- Diarrhea belching drinking liquid causing burping
- What causes excessive belching after drinking
- What causes frequent belching after having food
- What causes belching in the morning
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?