What causes enuresis at the age of 11?
Please provide details
Thanks for asking on this platform
Bedwetting is a very common complaint in this age.Bladder control during night time is achieved by 5 years of age in 70 % boys,in 80% boys till 7 years of age and in 90%by 10 years of age.10% boys still have problem of bedwetting.Thses children usually achieve full bladder control by 13-14 years of age without any specific treatment.
In most of the cases bedwetting is physiological and there is no underlying cause.
I have few queries
1)Is this bedwetting problem has started recently or since early age?
2) Is there any history of increased thirst or increased frequency of urination?
3)Is there any family history of similar problem?
4)Is there any other significant urinary complaint?
In most of the cases it is the behavioral and general measures which help.
These are the few tips
Avoid tea and coffee in the diet.Dont give fluids at least 3-4 hours before going to bed,make him fully awake and take him to the toilet to empty his bladder at least once in each night,make a chart of bedwetting free night and give him some reward for the bedwetting free night.
I hope this helps
Please let me know if you have any more query and get back with the answers so that I better able to help you out.
Thanks for reply. I tried most of things which you have mentioned above for bedwetting. But still she do even on day time also when she sleeps in very deep sleep.
in our family there is no strong history of bedwetting.
I mother of my daughter, do in childhood till class one or 2 only. She said that she doesn't feel pressure of urine in sleep.
No need to worry unless it is too frequent
Thanks for writing back
I wont get worried if the bedwetting problem is not too frequent and not disturbing daily activity.
There are medications but it has been seen that symptoms recur after stopping the medication.
So I won't get worried for her bedwetting.
I hope it would improve as she grows.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting