question-icon

What causes dark discoloration of the scrotum?

Posted on Thu, 14 Jun 2018
Question: I noticed my ball sack had turned dark today. Should I be concerned ????
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (42 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It depends on several factors

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

Well, if there is no pain, swelling or pain during urinating then there is no need to be worried and this may indicate prominent vein in scrotum, varicocele, hydrocele or dermatological issues.

All these may pass spontaneously so if you don't have these symptoms that I have mentioned, you can just wait and see if this will improve.

If not, you should do a testicular ultrasound and few other testings (eg. STDs testing) to look into it further..

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon