Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes dark discoloration of the scrotum?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
I noticed my ball sack had turned dark today. Should I be concerned ????
Thu, 14 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It depends on several factors

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

Well, if there is no pain, swelling or pain during urinating then there is no need to be worried and this may indicate prominent vein in scrotum, varicocele, hydrocele or dermatological issues.

All these may pass spontaneously so if you don't have these symptoms that I have mentioned, you can just wait and see if this will improve.

If not, you should do a testicular ultrasound and few other testings (eg. STDs testing) to look into it further..

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Wish you good health.