What causes constant nausea despite taking medication?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 28 May 2018 in General Health
Question: Started taking venlafaxine (75mg) 6 days ago and ondansetron(4mg) for nausea that has been a problem for about 1 month and nausea is getting worse.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up and management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. There is a long list of differentials when it comes to nausea and vomiting as symptoms. You will need to consult a local physician and they will run some battery of tests to find out the cause for this nausea. Medications and drugs, irritable bowel syndrome , alcohol use, GERD, gallbladder and pancreas infections and many other common to less common possibilities need to be looked for and then managed accordingly. Try some itopride, proton pump inhibitors, chewing gums, good oral hygiene, diet lifestyle adjustments and see if it helps.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Khan