What causes constant drainage from the ear and ringing in the ears?

ENT Specialist
Question
got a bad cold in september and my ears ring and a constant drainage in my right ear since they put me on antibiotics and that helped but still have the issue,the fluid is clear from what i can tell,i get a little quick pain from the ear couple times a day,just always feels kind of wet
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Otitis media

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
The drainage from the ear suggests that you have a tympanic membrane perforation. It is probably due to eustachian tube blockage caused by nasal congestion.
You should take an oral decongestant like a combination of levocetrizine plus phenylepherine twice daily along with antibiotics ear drops.
put nasal decongestant drops. This will help to dry the ear faster.
Keep the ear dry and plug with cotton while you take a bath.
Get a pure tone audiometry done after the ear gets dry.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks and regards