What causes chest muscle pain

Dr. Rakesh Sharma

Posted on Mon, 15 Dec 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi, am suffering right side chest muscle pain from past one month. visited neurologist and done chest scanning too.
Suggested to use tablets Aceclo-SR and Tolperitas.
After using tablets am not feeling any pain, once stopped using still felling pain in nights its more not able to sleep properly.

Please provide me will it be a big problem or it will takes time to cure.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Takes little time.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
I am Dr Rakesh Sharma answering your query.
I can understand your concern.
Your doctor has given you good medication for your problem.
It may take little time for you to recover fully.
I to my patients advice additional medication like multivitamins, VIT B1 and B12 supplements with these type of drugs, in these type of cases.
Local warm compress and application of local analgesics ,give good relief.
Hope I have answered your query, if any thing else,you are welcome or you can close the question by rating the answer.
Good wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Sharma 27 hours later
Thank you for your quick response XXXXXXX

Currently am using only Tolperitas tablet one per day, its already 3 weeks completed using medicine(first two weeks used both tablets). how many days can I continue the medicine ?

how many days muscle sprain will take to cure(Now level of pain is very less compared to three weeks back, only problem is in nights not able to sleep on right hand side)?
how to avoid to not to happen ?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Sharma 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
6 to 8 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Thanks for your response.
It takes 6 to 8 weeks, for full recovery, though it may take even longer in few individuals.
Please continue drug as prescribed, but do add vitamin B1 and B12 as suggested in my earlier response.
Continue warm compress.
These measures will fasten the healing process.
Good wishes.