What causes broken blood vessel in eye?
The cause could very well be the meds sir
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. The ruptured blood vessel-like appearance is called a sub-conjunctival haemorrhage, and some of the most common causes for an abrupt appearance are:
+Lifting of heavy objects
+Violently rubbing your eyes
+Fluctuations of blood pressure
+Medications (e.g. blood thinning medications)
So the medications you are on could clearly be the cause for your presentation, for this reason I would urge you to visit your doctor for a physical examination and further evaluation. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.
Best wishes sir.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blood clots in eyes pregnancy
- Causes broken blood vessels
- What causes burst blood vessels in eye
- Causes of ruptured eye blood vessels
- What causes blood vessels in the eye to narrow
- Blocked blood vessel in eye causes
- Burst eye blood vessel causes
- What causes blood in eye
- What could cause swelling pain and blood in eyes
- Blood in the eye causes
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...