• question-icon

What causes blotchy raised rashes on the chest?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dear Doctor ,
pl see the images of my son who is 14 years old and have frequent skin problems .Please suggest.
Thanks with best regards,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr. kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the images.
I can see raised, red, blotchy rash on chest and upper back It seems like Urticaria i.e hives.
However I would like to gather more information from you in order to be able to guide you better. Is the rash itchy? How long since he has this rash? Have you tried any treatment for it? Where else is the rash distributed?

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 45 minutes later
dear Doctor ,
Thanks for the reply.Yes itching is there but not too much. usually it comes at evening night time .before this it came about a year back we took some treatment from our family doctor. Today and yesterday we gave him levocitrizine and Allegra 180 single dose per day.it is also on thighs and hands though less and very less on face.kindly suggest

Thanks with best regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for Urticaria

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

You may give him loratadine 10mg (Tab. Alaspan 10mg) once daily, daytime and Levocetrizine (Tab. Teczine CP 5mg) once daily, in evening. Continue for a month.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist