What causes blood and tissue like matter in urine?

Dr. Ornela Ademovi

Posted on Fri, 3 Aug 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have blood in my urine with some "tissue"?
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kidney infection/stone most likely

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

Blood in the urine can be due to various diseases related to the urinary tract. If you have pain during urination it could be a bladder or kidney infection, whereas a bladder or kidney stone may cause abrasion leading to blood and blood clots, which is probably what you refer to as “tissue”. However, sometimes, “tissue” like stuff in urine can actually toilet paper residues.

Blood in the urine can also be caused by certain medications such as aspirin, Plavix, and warfarin or even trauma or accident.

Painless blood in the urine can have more serious causes and need to be thoroughly evaluated. You will first need to get done a urine culture and cytology, an ultrasound and then cystoscopy, depending on the findings.

I hope this answers your question. You are welcome to ask further questions.

Wishing you good health and all the best.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee