What causes bleeding with blood clots in the urine?
Could be due to Enlarged Prostate or infection of bladder (Cystitis)
Blood in urine in an elderly man of 68 years old is most commonly due to Enlarged Prostate or second common cause is an infection of the bladder (Cystitis).
Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
Further treatment will depend upon the result of these tests and final diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr P. T. Patil, Urologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes rectal blood clots
- Causes of blood clots in mans urine
- What cancers cause blood clots
- What cause blood clot in mouth
- Blood clots in urine causes
- What causes blood clots in veins
- What causes blood clot discharge
- What causes blood clots in uti
- What causes blood clots
- What causes blood clots falling