What causes black spots in vision after peripheral retinal holes are closed?
Thank you for taking my question!
I have had a barrier laser on my right eye about 2 to 3 weeks ago. Peripheral retinal holes had to be closed. Since the procedure, I have been seeing more black spots in my vision than usual. Normally, I only see a few black spots 1 time every other month or so. Now, just today, I've seen black spots in my vision about 10 times or more throughout the day. Could this be part of the healing process?
These can be a part of healing process.
Welcome to Health care Magic
I reviewed your history and the previous questions asked to me.
The black spots following barrier laser indicate healing process. These should decrease by 4-6 weeks.
Hence no need to be worried as of now.
Hope this answers your question and do write back to me for further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs that cause peripheral neuropathy
- What causes black spot in vision
- What causes spotted vision
- Peripheral neuropathy in feet causes
- What causes sporadic bright light flashed in peripheral vision
- What is the cause and treatment for peripheral neuropathy
- What causes raised embers in peripheral vision
- Peripheral retinal tears causes
- Symmetric peripheral neuropathy causes
- Causes of peripheral cyanosis
- History of cataract. Diagnosed with ocular rosecea. Eyes are bloodshot,...
- Inner side of left side is swollen. Having headache and feeling sick....
- Have blurred vision. Got blood in stool. Anything serious?
- Suffering from chronic anxiety and BP is high. Should I be worried about...
- Fell down, got some damage in retina. Having diarrhoea, sore neck. Can I...
- Diagnosed with keratoconous and advised for a corneal transplant...
- Diabetic. Eyes are blurry. Seeing things one on another. What to do?
- Child's eyes are not conjugated and looking at things normally. Is it...
- White sticky liquid comes out from the corner of eyes. What kind of...
- Seeing a spot which moves with eye movements. What could this be?