What causes black, blue discoloration in foot along with pain post an injury?
most of my swelling is down. I was given a walking boot to wear. My issue is that yesterday I started having more pain and noticed that the bottom of my foot is black and blue now. I'm thinking it could be because I starting putting pressure on it too early.
I was walking on it the day prior, mostly without any assistance, just with the boot.
I've been forcing myself to do things because I have young children.
my question is, is this why it's black and blue and the new pain? And if so am I causing damage? I am not even 2 weeks into the healing process yet.
You should not have put pressure so early.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through the details provided. It indeed seems that you are causing damage and the blue black color could be due to localized bleeding/bruising. It is advisable not to force yourself and cause inadvertent damage in the process. I would insist you to visit your treating physician to get the present condition evaluated.
As of now use ice compress. If needed, you might need to take pain medication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes persistent pain due to nerve injury
- What is the cause for leg pain after an injury
- What causes swelling and pain in wrist after an injury
- What is the cause of knee pain after injury
- Mth post injury causes
- What causes pain inside the knee after an injury
- What causes pain in tailbone after an injury
- Shin injury knee pain what is the cause
- Foot injury causes
- Wrist pain with vein swollen and blue no injury cause