What causes anxiety attacks post intake of Sulpitac?

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi doctor- I was on sulpitac od 200 and about a week back my doctor made it 1000mg od , along with my other medication ( Sensival 50 mor/eve, quetiapine150 in the night, amitryn 25 in the night, zapiz 0.25 in the night, inderal la 40 in the morning, sizopin 25 in the night ). My symptoms are anxiety attacks and anticipatory anxiety. I feel reducing sulpitac to 100 has helped me in terms of my speech ( less tongue twisting and no stammering in pronouncing some words) and I want to get rid off sulpitac. How do I reduce it ? Can I stop it altogether..what would you advise?

Sorry it's 100 and not 1000

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Don't stop the drug abruptly.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, thanks for contacting again.

I'd advise you to not to stop it abruptly. You are on 100 mg since last one week and if you want to reduce the doses then start taking 50 mg for about one more week and then you can stop the drug completely. The drug doesn't cause much withdrawal effects so no need to worry for that.

If you are doing better then continue to take your other drugs as per your prescription.

Thanks, Take care