What causes abnormal swelling in feet, fatigue and heaviness in legs with blood clots?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My husband is 61 years old, 4 years ago he was hospitalized for blood clots in his legs and lungs. He currently takes cumadin and ha not missed a dose. Over the past 48 hours he has complained about a warm uncomfortable feeling behind his knees (both) also where one of the clots was discovered. He also reports his legs feel heavy and tired. There's no abnormal swelling in his feet or legs at this time. What do you recommend s a course of action to address his complaints

His last I&R 2.3 three weeks ago
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following advice...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

Although your husband has take the medicine regularly and the INR is within therapeutic values, your husband should do a Doppler exam of both legs to exclude new leg clots (especially on the affected limb).

This is why he should contact his doctor immediately and schedule for the examination as soon as possible.

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu