What causes a hard white spot at the back of the throat?
I have a picture but I'm not sure how to send it.
Inflamed lymphoid follicle or blocked minor salivary gland
Thanks for posting the query
I have examined the image thoroughly and of the opinion that it could be either an inflamed lymphoid follicle or blocked minor salivary gland.
Do not worry! In either of the case, it's not a dangerous lesion. There are no signs of malignancy. Drink frequent sips of warm water; avoid coffee, fizzy drinks and chilled beverages. It will disappear in a few days.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- White spots on back of throat doctor
- White spots on tonsils and back of throat
- Gerd causing white spots on throat
- What can cause white spots in throat
- Does gerd cause white spots in back of throat
- White spot on back wall of throat
- Cause for non raised white spots on back
- What could cause white spots in throat
- White spots on throat no pain cause
- What causes white spots
- What is Perilymphatic fistula?
- Suggest treatment for severe hay fever
- What do I hear an echo after a head injury?
- How to use hearing aids to help with tinnitus?
- What causes tingling sensation in ear when suffering from eustachian...
- Is ear surgery for collapsed inverted ear drum safe to have with high BP?
- Suggest treatment for sore throat, swollen glands and fever
- What causes buzzing sensation in head?
- What causes a red patch in the middle at the back of tongue?
- Suggest treatment for skin cancer