What causes a grey shadow on the inside corner of the eye?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hello... I was aperntly born with colaboma in my right eye Wich was completely crosssed. I've had to surgeries to straighten it out however it can get lazy when I'm tired. I've coped with it and I believe something can be done now my surgery was 30 years ago but there is a grey shadow on the inside corner of my eye. What is that?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
coloboma

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
First of all i have to comment that your surgeries were good and you were well taken care of.
This grey area on the inner side of eye does not seem significant but i have to know how long has it been there and there should be no pain or discomfort in that region.
Two aspects for management,one wait and watch the progress.Two in case some irritation is there then lubricant eye drops can be put in.
Any further query in this regard please do het back to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad