What can cause pain in the left side of the neck?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 25 Jul 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi I have a pain only on my left side of my neck that spreads to my jaw ear and head I can’t make any sudden movements or it hurts bad.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be TMJ or cervical spondylosis.

Detailed Answer:
The pain that you have can be related to T-M joint or cervical spondylosis. Mild pain killers in combination with an oral muscle relaxant will help. You can do a hot compress and apply a local analgesic gel for temporary relief. Do consult a physician and get proper medicines prescribed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal