What can cause diarrhea and severe itching around the anal area?
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic my dear patient,
Have seen your details and i appreciate your concerns.
Most likely you are having pruritus ani. Usually itching get worse after bowel or at night,Scratching further increases it.Most likely cause in your case seems to be fungal infection(due to frequent stools(watery) the area becomes wet and good for fungus to develop.
I would suggest you to keep the area dry.
Use any over the counter antifungal lotion over the are thrice.
Keep spraying antifungal powder over that are to keep it dry.
Clean all your undergarments.
You would feel better in a day or two.
Hope i was helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe itching in ears with smelly discharge
- What causes persistent severe itching
- Swollen legs with severe itching what is causing this
- Severe itching palms with diarrhea
- Severe itching caused by diabetes
- What causes severe itching with skin redness on leg
- Severe itching causes
- Causes of severe itching skin
- What causes severe itching and burning in the vagina
- What causes severe itching and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses