What can I do to relieve the pain in my

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
What can I do to relieve the pain in my swollen joints
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Prescription medicines are needed for relief.

Detailed Answer:
You are suffering from polyarthitis, the cause of this might be Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus), psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis (OA), Infectious arthritis or crystal deposition arthritis.
Arthritis requires expert care with various disease modifying drugs (Imunomodulators). You can start these drugs after discussing with your doctor.

I would like to give some diet tips which might be helpful to get rid of these pain. Often the elimination of certain foods such as the following will help greatly:

Dairy products, with the exception of plain yogurt with active culture
Citrus, with the exception of lemon and grapefruit
Alcohol
Meat including beef, pork, and lamb (other sources of protein such as chicken, fish and beans are less likely to promote inflammation)
Vegetable oils (continue using olive oil and the essential fatty acids flax seed, sesame, pumpkin, sunflower oils)

I would also like to give some advice to make the life better and to fight with these pains-

Do regular physiotherapy of joints.
Hot fomentation to decrease the joint stiffness
Hot bath of Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate)-Magnesium has both anti-inflammatory and anti- arthritic properties and it can be absorbed through the skin.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal