What are the symptoms of altitude sickness?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 11 Jan 2019 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: What are the symptons of altitude sickness?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

See below!

Detailed Answer:

These are the signs of acute mountain illness/Altitude sickness. They include: Headache feeling tired, lightheadedness, lack of appetite, difficulty stay asleep or waking frequently, nausea and sometimes vomiting.

If you witness these, it is good to signal them. Best measures are to climb slowly so as to allow the body to adapt to the necessary changes.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 18 hours later
I am living at this higher altitude. Will I gradually adapt & feel normal? I am in very good health, take no medications and generally have a lot of energy. I now have low energy and seem to have to take deep breaths and feel tired.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 11 hours later
Brief Answer:

You would adapt!

Detailed Answer:

If you stay there long enough, the body would adapt to it. The beginning might be tough but better days lie along as long as you live there consistently for several weeks/months to allow for adequate adaptation.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Ivo Ditah, Internal Medicine Specialist