What are the signs and symptoms of meralgia paraesthetica?
Pain distribution is different.
Thank you for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.
Well, looking into your problem I'd like to tell you that, in meralgia paraesthetica, more burning and radicular pain is there on the anterolateral part of the thigh.
While in ITBS it is more of pain especially in the knee part and the Oner sign is positive which is a clinical maneuver to stress iliotibial tract and elicit pain. They can be distinguished on clinical examination.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Meralgia paraesthetica causes
- Drugs/medication for Meralgia paraesthetica
- Treatment and cure for Meralgia paraesthetica
- Diagnosis of Meralgia paraesthetica
- What are signs and symptoms of cancer
- Meralgia paraesthetica could be caused by a d
- Symptoms of Meralgia paraesthetica
- Meralgia paraesthetica ovarian cancer
- What are signs and symptoms of appendicitis
- What are the signs and symptoms of hypertrichosis