What are the side effects of radio therapy on a new born baby?
My mother-inlaw is undergoing the treatment of radio therapy(3D-CRT) for right breast CA started this week.
Will this have any side effects on a new born baby ?
Thanks in Advance.
Not at all
Thanks for your query.
Radiotherapy is given by high-energy photons to the patient. These are not some particles which will stay on the patient for a while. They do their action instantaneously and then they are gone. The effects on the patient are due to the effect of these rays on the DNA of the cell caused during the point of impact.
Your mother-in-law will not radiate anything when she comes out of the radiotherapy suite and hence no effect on anybody in the family, including the little one.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Femilon side effects for baby
- Warfarin side effects on babies
- What are the side effects of baby orajel nighttime formula?
- Enterogermina side effects in babies
- What are the side effects of baby oil?
- Taxim antibiotic to new born babies side effects
- Postinor side effects on a baby
- Side effects of calaptine in new born babies
- Cypon side effects babies
- What are the side effects of johnson's baby cream?