What are the side effects of Vimpat?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Fri, 15 May 2015 in General Health
Question: I started taking vimpat now I'm up to 200mg twice a day the last couple days I have been vomiting what should I do tried calling my dr but he never called back
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
antiemetic needs to be taken

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Vimpat (lacosamide) is known to have the side effects of nausea and vomiting. I would suggest you to switch to the previous alternative that you were using, and to use some antiemetic as of now. Amongst over the counter medications, certain antihistamines may help prevent nausea and vomiting. These include dimenhydrinate (brand name: Dramamine) and meclizine hydrochloride (brand name: Dramamine Less Drowsy). If that does not help, visiting the ER of a hospital would be a better idea.

Dr. Kunal Saha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E