What are the repercussion of accidental ingestion of fabric softner?
you need to Visit your nearest ER at the earliest....
Hello XXXX, Welcome to HCM..
I've gone through your query and understand your concern..
Fabric softener mostly contains a lot of toxic substances as well as chemical dyes which are potentially life-threatening in case of ingestion..
So you must not delay any further and rush to your nearest ER / A&E to get immediate medical attention..
Time is the key here , the quicker the better the chances are recovery ..
Please don't panic and don't try to drive on your own..seek help .. stay vigilant.. don't try to vomit either.. no need to drink anything else now else it'll initiate vomiting..stay vigilant and be seated..
There's no home remedies for this , so you must visit the A&E / ER at the earliest for a prompt physical check-up , blood gas analysis, toxicological examination, monitoring and symptomatic management along with decontamination therapy if required..
Even if small amount was ingested still you must visit to your nearest ER / A&E to rule out any internal injuries and / delayed toxic effects..
Unfortunately there are a lot of varieties of fabric softener available in market having varieties of ingredients, so first of all keep the bottle with you and show it to the medical stuffs at the ER for a quicker identification of the poison and treatment accordingly..
Wish you the very best ..
Get well soon..
Let me know how you stay in the due course..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Acne from fabric softner
- Kid accidentally ingested xanax
- What to do if accidental ingestion of calamine lotion
- What to do after accidental vetprofen ingestion
- Oxyelite pro accidental ingestion
- What to do after drinking fabric softner
- Microgynon accidental ingestion of a child
- Child accidentally ingested kerosene what to do
- What if a child accidentally ingests xanax
- Fabric softner to loose belly fat
- Suggest treatment for flatulence, acidity, lower chest pain and diabetes
- Suggest treatment for left-sided pain in lower ribs
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is mild spinal disc space narrowing a sign of stenosis?
- Suggest treatment for lumps in groin area
- What is pulse oximetry?
- Suggest treatment for varicose veins
- What are the chances of brain damage for a heart attack patient?
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stone
- Does intake of Etizola Beta help in treating anxiety and panic attacks?