What are the food to avoid while treating H. Pylori bacteria infection?

Question
What types of food should I avoid if I have H. Pylori bacteria?
Wed, 30 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
the bacteria itself is not associated with diet restrictions

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

H pylori requires antibiotic treatment for 7 to 10 days, some regimens are given for 2 weeks.

There are no particular foods that the bacteria responds to nor are there any particular foods that affect the antibiotic treatment.

Since H pylori causes or worsens reflux symptoms, the diet mainly consists of avoiding foods that worsen or aggravates reflux.

This means avoiding spicy or acidic foods or fatty/fried foods. This includes mint, caffeine products, tomato products, chocolate for some persons, onion, acidic fruits such as orange or pineapple.
Use small frequent meals instead of large meals.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions