Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

What are the findings from the blood report?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Hi Doctor,
My blood report reads:
I am attaching the report for your reference. My heamglobin seems to be Normal..thanx
Remarks : Alert !!! Predominantly normocytic normochromic with macrocytes and ovalocytes
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probable Vit B12 deficiency.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for sharing your report.

I have reviewed your report. MCV(Mean corpuscular hemoglobin) is high. This is measurement in number and macrocyte word is used to describe this.

Presence of occasional ovalocytes is fine.

Macrocytes in blood report indicates that there are chances that you have Vit B12 deficiency.

This is very common now a days due to various reasons.

Please discuss this with your doctor,if you have any problem like easy fatigue,decreased productiveness,weakness etc, he may decide to give you Vit B12 supplementation.

Please talk to your doctor.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What are the findings from the blood report? 17 minutes later
Hi doctor

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am attaching another report which suggest I am not b12 deficient (page6). can you please take a look?
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There are other reasons,needs evaluation.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Yes,I have reviewed your reports B12 is normal.

As I have written earlier presence macrocytes normally denotes B12 deficiency.Still it is not a rule.There are other reasons also. I an not mentioning list here as it is confusing for you to understand.

As discussed you should discuss this with your family doctor.

One more thing that I have noticed is very low level of Vit-d,please take medicines for your doctor for the same.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Hematologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor