What are the chances of STD transmission through non penetrative sexual activity?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: Hello,
Over the weekend I briefly had a few fingers inside a woman's vagina and she was of course, wet. I believe I wiped my hand off on my pants but then a minute or two afterword I masturbated to climax.

Am I at any risk of an STD? We did not engage in any other sexual activity - Just worried about what may have been on my hand.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No risk!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I have reviewed your information fully. The risk for STDs is almost inexistent. Be calm and there is no reason to worry. If it were this easy to transmit infections, we would have all been there by now.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 20 hours later
Thank you for the detailed response.

So, to confirm (which you pretty much already have) but for peace of mind....

I am at virtually no-risk? Despite there potentially being vaginal fluid on my hand as I masturbated and then ejaculated?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
That's virtually no risk!

Detailed Answer:

That's virtually no risk. Like seriously, if it were that easy to transmit this infection, everyone would have had it be now. It is simply not that easy.

I wish you well and keep me posted.