Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What are the alternative ways to improve child's appetite?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1444 Questions
Hello Doctor, My 1 year 3 months old son Aarush has stopped eating food. He skips food at all three times a day. We realized he needs change in food taste and tried new food items. But things haven’t improved. He tastes everything but doesn't eat stomach full. Because of this, he’s still continuing with at least 1 milk feed during night. Please advise. Is it just a phase where he isn't eating well and will soon be over? Does he need any medicine to improve appetite? Best Regards, Vijayasri
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. Sometimes children becomes fussy in taking food. Yes they need change. I suggest you to give plenty of fluids,fruit juices,vegetable soup. Give soft bland diet. Wait for few days and in case this persist get him evaluated by pediatrician. Hope I have answered your query,in case you have any further question I would be glad to answer. Wishing your child good health. God bless...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor