Urine test, pain while urinating, no pain post urination. Causes ?
Thanks for your query.
Feeling pain while passing the urine might be due to more acidic nature of the urine.
To prevent this, give him more and more fluids per day.
Avoid acidic fruit juices like lime juice, orange juice, etc.
Plenty of cranberry juice will help in reducing the symptoms.
Examine the external genital area carefully for any injury and rashes.
If the symptoms do not improve you can get his ultrasound scan done to rule out any possibility of renal or ureteric calculus.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.
Thanks for writing back.
As told in my first reply keep hydrating him as sometimes simple dehydration can also has similar presentation. If this does not help then he needs to be investigated.
The feeling of pain on the urge to pass urine is more indicative of some stone in the urinary tract or spasm of the external sphincter uncommon in children though.
Careful examination by a surgeon will help in ruling out the injury part and an ultrasound scan might help in detecting a calculus if there is any.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.
Wish your son an early recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pains in the middle of butts while urinating
- Flu causes painful urination
- Niaspan cause painful urination
- Causes for pain and burning while passing urine
- What causes pain and burning while urinating
- Cut on the penis painful while urination causes
- What causes pain in belly button while urinating
- What causes pain while urination with abnominal pain
- Virus cause pain in urination
- Pain in the penis while urination foamy urine causes