Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Taking glycomet for diabetes. Any alternate medicine to control diabetes?

Aug 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 362 Questions
Hi! This is XXXXXXX from nagpur.I am 40yrs and diabetic since 4yrs.I am taking glycomet 250 mg 1and 1/2 tab each i.e(375mg) dose during lunch and dinner.My average fasting is 142 mg/dl and pp is 180mg/dl.Kindly suggest me proper medicine so as to control my diabetes properly.
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 8 hours later

Thank you for the query here. The medication Glycomet 250 (Metformin 250) is a very very mild dose for you. Your target for Fasting sugar has to be upto 100 when you are just 40 years old. Post-prandial sugars upto 160 will give best results in terms of preventing future complications.
The medicine will not change in your case but the dose has to be increased and for this you please see your Diabetologist/ physician as the XXXXXXX policy does not allow direct prescription online. It is also not safe. But increasing the dose of Tab Glycomet both the times is the only step to do. The maximum dose of this tablet should not be beyond 2500mg per day for you.
Please get back with any other related query. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor