Taking glutamine, multivitamin, fish oil, protein and dhea. Are they safe?

Dr. Sadiq Mughal

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: I'm taking a bunch of supplements and wondering if my combination is health I'm taking protein,pre workout drink with creatine, glutamine, multi vitamin, fish oil, branch chain aminos and dhea which is a testerome booster
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 2 hours later
Hello, thanks for writing to us.

All the dietary supplements that you are taking are good for health and none is harmful for body. You can continue with dietary supplements. Balanced diet also provides all necessary requirements for good health.

Hope this answers your question.
Let me know if you have any more queries.

Take care and Regards
Dr Sadiq

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sadiq Mughal 13 hours later
Really just worried about the dhea testerome booster at my age
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 5 hours later
Hello and thanks for your follow up.

DHE is Dehydroepaindrosterone which is precusor of testosterone.
Few small studies indicated that it improves your testosterone level and decreases aging process. But according to studies by National institute on aging as well as the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (USA), there is not enough scientific evidence to support the idea that DHE increases serum testosterone level. Many more studies states its usefulness in old age when testosterone level actually decreases and not in young when testosterone levels are normal.

Bottom line is DHE should be used with caution under the supervision of a physician.

Hope this answers your question. If you don't have any more queries accept the answer and write the review.

Dr Sadiq