Taking citracal supplement and vitamin D. Blood test done. Should I be worried about calcium level?

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: I just got my bloodwork back. My calcium is 10.9. I'm worried. I take Citrical supplement and 1,000 mg. Vitamin D. I also take XXXXXXX tea extract. Should I stop the supplements and the XXXXXXX tea?
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 17 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
I dont think you need to worry. Your present calcium is perfectly normal. Normal range is 9 to 11. Just let me know your previous reports and how long you have received the treatment.
As of now, you can safely stop the supplements. But I would like to review the old reports first.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Ganesh Sanap 16 hours later
I started the Calcium supplements in 2009, the XXXXXXX tea extract in 2010 and the 1,000 Vitamin D in 2010.

My bloodwork results are all perfect except the calcium.

The number last year was 10.5 and same year before.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing back.
Your calcium is perfectly normal. Also you can stop treatment completely.
Just considering the post menopausal age, it will be better to continue XXXXXXX herbal remedies. Check periodically calcium level. If it decreases in due course, we can restart the treatment again.
Hope this helps
Thanking you.