Suggest ways to treat a toenail fungus
Oral antifungals required, nail avulsion for ingrowing nail
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
For toe nail fungus you need to take oral antifungals like capsule itraconazole 200 mg twice daily for 1 week in one month for 3-4 months.
Oral antifungals are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
The most appropriate treatment for ingrowing toe nail is nail avulsion.
If the nail is infected you need to take a short course of oral antibiotic like tablet linezolid 600 mg twice daily for 5 days and apply fusidic acid cream on the ingrown nail twice daily for 5-7 days.
This will help in improving the nail .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs