Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Suggest ways to reduce waist and hip circumference

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Hi, My weight is 75 kg. I have seen that my hip size has increased to approx 36 inches. Some fat tissue has also accumulated on my belly. I do abs exercise for approx 40 minutes atleast 3 times a week since last 2 months. Also, I do jogging/brisk walking for 1 hr on weekends. But, the flab has not reduced. Please suggest. Is there any belt / exercises which can help? Can you detail out what I can do to reduce the flab? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Aerobic plus cardio exercises are still the best. Detailed Answer: Yet the way to reduce the waist cum hip circumference is by reducing the subcutaneous fat. So the cellulite plus subcutaneous fat would be better reduced by aerobic plus cardiac type exercises than stationary ones like Abs. The abs help in toning of muscles than reducing the subcutaneous fat. You should be aiming not less than 40 min per session in 5 to 6 days a week. I definitely would not advise belts as they have no extra advantage than abdominals. Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor