Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

136 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest ways to increase the height of a person

Answered by
Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 1209 Questions

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi Sir/Madam,

Greetings of the day, dear sir am 28 years old and my height is 5 ft.45"in , I want to increase my height to 5.8 at least 5.7. Please guide me what should i have to do to reach my goal. Please provide me all important information what to do what diet i should prefer.

Your quick reply is highly appreciated.


Your follower
Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not possible at this age

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting the question.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.

I am sorry to tell you but all the growth plates (meant for height increase) in the bones get completely fused at the age of 20-21 years. This implies that natural longitudinal growth of the bones stops at this age and only horizontal growth and remodelling continues for the next period of life.

Eating high calcium medicines / diet will make your bones strong but will not increase your height.

Only surgery is the option of increasing bone length to some extent. (ilizarov technique)

I hope the answer was useful.

Feel free to ask me any follow up queries that you may have.

Thank you.
Kind regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on