Suggest treatment to relieve calf muscles pain due to jerk in a person with ibuprofen allergy

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 26 Jul 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My father got a small accident 3 weeks before and got some jerk on his calf muscles of both his legs. He consulted to some orthopedic surgeon and he suggested some x-rays and blood tests ( attaching the reposts for the same), as per x-ray report there is no fracture in both of his legs. He is allergic to dust and some medicines ( attaching his medical treatment prescriptions for the allergy medications along with other reports).
Currently he is having swelling in both of his calf muscles and there is no relief in the pain with the prescribed medications. Can you please suggest some medications or further Line of treatment which he can go for so that he can get relief from the pain in both of his legs.
PS. doctor suggested him full bed rest and asked to keep his legs over the pillow on bed. He is allergic to ibuprofen
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be blood clot or muscle strain.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen all the attached reports. There is no evidence of fracture. The swelling of calf muscles and persistent pain can be due to blood clots or a muscle strain. A color doppler scan of the legs will help in ruling out a blood clot. He can do a hot compress and apply a local analgesic gel for temporary relief. He can also get oral muscle relaxants prescribed in case the color doppler scan is normal.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.