Suggest treatment to relieve anxiety, and disturbed sleep from more than a year?
1. How long the problem is there with sleep?
I’m facing this problem for over year and a half. But from past December 2016 till date it is continuous and I am waking up midnight.
2. How it was started? Gradual or sudden in onset?
It all started when i had a small fight with a stranger on a road and returned back home. I felt very restless that night. It felt like my heart was pumping more. It continued for a week. I consulted a physician who declared I was fit. He did give restyl 0.25 mg for 3 days. The above situation existed for 3 weeks and I got up in between every night. It stopped within 3 weeks.
From December 2016 I had some relationship problems. Dec-2016 to till date, I am not able to sleep.
3. Whether it progressed over a period of time ?
Yes from December 2016, it has progressed over the time. I sleep for 4 hours maximum.
4. What kind of thoughts you encounter when not able to sleep?
5. How long it takes to go back to sleep after interruption?
It takes a long time. May be 3 to 4 hours I roll on bed to get back to sleep.
6. What are the other symptoms in addition to sleep disturbance?
My mouth becomes dry. I urinate. Next day I feel irritated and show lots of anger.
7. What is the effect of inadequate sleep on your life till date?
I was a very cool, calm and composed person. Because of this sleeplessness I feel irritated and loose my temper quickly.
8. Do you had similar problems in past?
9. Do you have any medical or psychiatric illness till date?
Accept your issues and let it go.
Thanks for your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. I would suggest you to accept the relationship issues you are having and go ahead. The more you try to fight it the more you will be anxious. Sometimes it is better to let go of some issues we do not have control over.
I would suggest you to try
- Running everyday for atleast 30 mins.
- Have light dinner.
- Keep a regular sleep schedule.
- Avoid caffeinated beverages.
Try the above for 3 to 6 months. If it still persists it is best to meet a psychologist/ counsellor/psychiatrist for a detailed examination and treatment.
I hope this answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for anxiety with disturbed sleep and headache
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and difficulty in sleeping
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for anxiety attacks
- Suggest treatment for separation anxiety
- Suggest treatment for adhdrls and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for extreme anxiety
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- Suggest treatments for anxiety