Suggest treatment for toe pain with numbness and dark skin discoloration

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 29 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I'm experience Toe pain. It feels like they are numbness and tendernous. The toes skin has darkened. I thought it was sun XXXXXXX but now I wonder. I don't have high blood pressure or diabities.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be infection or compromised blood supply.

Detailed Answer:
A toe pain with numbness and dark skin suggests an infection or decreased blood supply in the area. This can be due to a gangrene also. This needs a direct examination and proper dressing and antibiotics with other prescription medicines for an improvement.
Do consult an orthopedician and try to keep the toe warm till then.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal