Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for toe pain with numbness and dark skin discoloration

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10569 Questions
I'm experience Toe pain. It feels like they are numbness and tendernous. The toes skin has darkened. I thought it was sun XXXXXXX but now I wonder. I don't have high blood pressure or diabities.
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be infection or compromised blood supply.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
A toe pain with numbness and dark skin suggests an infection or decreased blood supply in the area. This can be due to a gangrene also. This needs a direct examination and proper dressing and antibiotics with other prescription medicines for an improvement.
Do consult an orthopedician and try to keep the toe warm till then.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor