Suggest treatment for subsequent vomiting in a 1-year-old baby after having milk and grapes
I have her Ondansetron and Digipain. Vomitting has come down and now she is doing potty frequently. Since morning she did it four to five times. Even though she is not taking external milk. Please suggest what to do?
Give antiemetic. Give ORS.
I have gone carefully through your query. Your child possibly has an episode of gastritis, which could be due to viral cause. Proper fluid replenishment with ORS (oral rehydration solution) should be done. Unless this is done, it could lead to fluid and salt depletion. Giving juicy fruits like citrus fruits should help in replenishing the salts and would ease the situation. You also need to give some antiemetic like ondansetron when needed.
You may give Nexpro XXXXXXX one such twice daily for the next few days. Please be patient. But if the child grows lethargic you would have to rush him to the hospital. Monitor the urine output. If it is reduced you would need to increase the fluid intake and if that does not suffice you might need to visit the hospital.
Feel free to write back.
You would need to be patient
Good enough. But as I mentioned, you would need to be patient. The loose stools and vomiting would continue for the next 2-4 days. You would have to be patient. Try to refrain from giving external milk. Give a rice-based diet. Proper hydration is important and so you need to give ORS.
Dr. Diptanshu Das
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for loose stools and vomiting
- Suggest treatment to stop vomiting
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and vomiting
- Treatment after vomiting
- Suggest treatment for fever and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for vomiting and weakness
- Suggest treatment for vomiting and stomach upset
- Suggest treatment for nocturnal vomiting
- Suggest treatment to stop baby from vomitting the feed