Suggest Treatment For Skin Pierced With Small Invisible Splinter
I sent a picture. Can you tell if there is a splinter and/or infection in middle finger?
Possibility of tiny splinter likely .
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly with attached photograph of the middle finger .
* There is possibility of very tiny splinter though it may not be present .
Reasons to support that are
- Feeling of rough edge .
- It does not require noticeable breaking of skin .
- Usually very tiny splinter does not give bleeding .
* There is no infection present right now , only minor level subcutaneous changes
noticeable with magnified view .
* Recommendations at present
- Immerse finger in bowl filled with lukewarm water 5 minutes each 3 - 4 times
a day , by which the skin will become smooth , even if tiny splinter is present
it will come out with ease .
Hope this will help you for sure .
Welcome for further assistance .
If a splinter, should I go see a doctor to get it removed? Can a doctor on physical exam tel for sure if a tiny splinter? By looking at or touching the area?
It can be a scratch also,only confirmation is physical examination .
* As I already told there is possibility of splinter , can also be a scratch only .
Feeling rough edge is only matter of concern .
* But as there is no pain of severe intensity , can see for some hours by just
doing warm water therapy .
* For confirmation can sure visit doctor , he can judge better with in person
examination and magnifying glass for direct evaluation .
Wishing you fine recovery .