Suggest treatment for severe dizziness and weakness

Dr. Elona Xhardo

Endocrinologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: For the past few weeks I start to get dizzy, shaky, and also I start to get really weak as well...it always seems to start after my lunch break at work, that's most of the time ....should I be worried? TIA
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
In my opinion ,you shouldn't be worried.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear
I have gone through your question and understood your concern.

Your symptoms can be due to a condition called Reactive hypoglycemia or (postprandial hypoglycemia).
This condition refers to low blood sugar that occurs after a meal — usually within four hours after eating and it is different from low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) that occurs while fasting.

Signs and symptoms of reactive hypoglycemia may include hunger, weakness, shakiness, dizziness,sleepiness and anxiety.

Generally, it is necessary a medical evaluation to determine whether symptoms are caused by low blood sugar — and whether symptoms resolve once blood sugar returns to normal.For this reason i sugget to consult your doctor for the necessary tests.(And let me know your results)

Anyway,you shouldn't be worried because for the majority of people, reactive hypoglycemia usually doesn't require medical treatment. It may help, however, to pay attention to the timing and composition of your meals.

If after the medical evaluation,reactive hypoglcemia will be your diagnose, dietary changes are recommended and very important.

Here are some tips that may help you:
-Eat a well-balanced diet, including lean and nonmeat sources of protein, and high-fiber foods, including whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
-Avoid sugary foods, especially on an empty stomach.
-Be sure to eat food if you're consuming alcohol, and avoid using sugary soft drinks as mixers.
-Eat several small meals and snacks throughout the day, no more than three hours apart during the waking hours
-Include physical activity in your daily routine.
-Try to manage stress.

Hope this is helpful.
If you have other health queries,feel free and ask.I will be happy to help.
Thank you for using HCM.
Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Elona Xhardo 32 minutes later
Ok I will make an appointment and let u know thanks so much u were a big help
Brief Answer:
You're wellcome.

Detailed Answer:
I'm happy that my information was helpful.
I'm waiting your test results.

Best regards.