question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe dizziness and headache after a carbon monoxide exposure

default
Posted on Fri, 22 Jul 2016
Question: Hello! I might be exposed to some
Carbonmonoxide yesterday because of a faulty stove in a RV (unventiled space). When I realized the danger after 15 minutea, I reached fresh air outside and I experienced a light headache. It seems that I survived quite fine but now I'm wondering if I could eventually damage anything inside me. Especially my heart. Severe CO intoxication can lead to some damage but what about light intoxication? Should I think checking for cardiac injury blood markers now or is this over-reacting? Thank you for your advice. XXXXXXX
doctor
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
No need to worry much for heart damage.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you are worrying too much. No need to worry for heart damage or other organ damage but this exposure.
You are also not having any symptoms. And you have done absolutely correct thing after the exposure.
So nothing to panic about.
You have not damaged your organs especially heart, so no tests are required.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
doctor
Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 14949 Questions

premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Suggest treatment for severe dizziness and headache after a carbon monoxide exposure

Brief Answer: No need to worry much for heart damage. Detailed Answer: Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic. I can understand your concern. In my opinion, you are worrying too much. No need to worry for heart damage or other organ damage but this exposure. You are also not having any symptoms. And you have done absolutely correct thing after the exposure. So nothing to panic about. You have not damaged your organs especially heart, so no tests are required. Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.