Suggest treatment for severe Achilles tendonitis

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi, My name is XXXXXXX ayear ago May, I Had veins removed from both legs. After the procedures I was told to ware full legnth support hose for 20 days. The first day I put the hose on my rt. leg ,iI rolled the hose up like I had seen my Mom do. When I put my foot through the hose , it squashed my Achilles Tendon, so hard that it injured it. I don't know if I over stretched it, or bruised it or rupture. I know it takes along time for tendon injuries to heal but it has been 15 months and it has just got worse. where do I go from here? PS I have told 2 of my Dr's, and they just nod. And agree, That injuries to that tendon take a long to heal.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Orthopedic surgeon to consult first....

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I have gone through your medical history carefully and am sorry for the situation you are going through.

If your Achilles tendon is damaged from wearing the hose, and it won't heal since 15 months now, then it's time to get it further checked by orthopedist.

He/she will evaluate the severity of the damage and if surgery is the most effective way to treat it.

For the moment, I advise not to walk too long until you see the orthopedic surgeon.

Wish fast recovery.
Dr.Albana