Suggest treatment for rough skin along with red patches on face
Sunscreen; Mild steroid i.e cortisone for a week followed by Metronidazole 1% gel
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr.Kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
Rosacea is a chronic inflammatory disease of face characterised by flushing, acne/ bumps, persistent erythema, telangiectasis and in late phases tissue overgrowth i.e rhinophyma. It is more common in fair skin individuals.
You seem to have a flare of rosacea. I would suggest you to use a broad spectrum sunscreen, throughout the day. Reapply every 2-3 hours.
For the patches specifically you may use a mild steroid i.e cortisone cream, twice daily for a week. Though steroids are not advisable in rosacea but a mild steroid like hydrocortisone can be used for a short duration e.g a week to reduce redness and patches of rosacea. Thereafter you may use a metronidazole 1% gel, once daily at night. Metronidazole is antiinflammatory and helps reduce redness and flushing in rosacea.
I request you to kindly upload an Image so that I am able to guide you better. You may upload an Image at "Reports Section".
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for recurrent itchy red skin rashes
- Treatment of red skin spot on the face in ayurveda
- Small red bumps on face suggest the treatment
- Skin is getting rough and tanned suggest some treatment
- Have white patches on skin suggest diet and treatment
- What is the treatment for dry red patch on skin
- Suggest treatment for white patches on head and face
- Suggest treatment for rough skin on my nose
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Skin redness on face treatment