Suggest treatment for redness in the eyes of a child
Today we consulted a ophthalmologist and she was little confused in suggesting medicine for it. Finally she told to start with antibiotic drops along with refresh drops and see if the redness goes by Monday if not stop antibiotics(Moxicip) and start with steroid(FML) drops from Monday and see her again on next Friday. She also suggested some soothing drops.
Her investigation resport along with suggested medicine with redness pictures are attached for your opinion.
1. What is your opinion on the medicine given and does she really need antibiotics?
2. Is the dosage suggests appropriate?
3. How steroid is different from antibiotics?
Questions answered in sequence.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have checked the attached image. Conjunctivitis is present. Conjunctivitis means infection or inflammation of the conjuctiva. Based on the looks it rather seems to be due to allergic cause. However, it cannot be commented with certainty that a bacerial infection is not present.
1. Can be given but, but you can try and see first whether the other medicines suffice.
3. Yes, it is antiinflammatory.
If I had a patient like her, I would perhaps given Pataday (Olopatadine Hydrochloride) Ophthalmic Solution 1 drop in the affected eye four times daily, and nothing else. You may discuss with your treating ophthalmologist.
I already purchased all the medication given by the doctor. I think FML-T is same as Pataday. Can I start her with FML-T first and see?
Also, is FML-T is safe to give to 20 month old kid?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for red bloodshot eyes
- Allergy red eyes treatment
- Treatment for sore red eyes
- Treatment for red eyes
- Eyes are red and painful suggest treatment
- Redness of eyes using oculosan treatment
- Suggest treatment for redness and buring in eyes
- Treatment for persistent red eyes
- Red spot under eye tiredness treatment suggestions
- Treatment and cure for red eye syndrome
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever