Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

151 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for raised, round and crusty patches on cheek

Answered by
Dr. Harish Naik

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 2613 Questions

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Skin Rash
Question: I have this raised cluster round crusty thing on my right cheek. It is white in color and it is only about a half an inch wide I am very fair skinned. It just showed up on my cheek about two days ago. I dug in the middle of it with my fingernail and now it looks like two pieces with a space in the middle. When I touch it it feels very rough. I looked up pictures of skin cancers and it doesn't look at all like any of them. Do you have any idea what it could be? It is not itchy and doesn't bother me at all but I don't like the way it kind of sticks out.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Comedon, treated with over the counter comadolytic agent

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query and picture.

Based on the information and the picture, it looks like Comedon.
I would suggest you not to scratch it with fingers, that increases the risk of infection.

I would advise you to wash the face with XXXXXXX warm water and with mild soap like dermadew. Use oil free cosmetics, if you user any. Apply any over the counter comadolytic agent twice daily for week, you will be fine.

Hope this helps.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on