Suggest treatment for pulsating sensation in abdomen

General Surgeon
Question
For the past couple of days, I have felt a pulsating sensation in my lower right abdomen. Its location is midway between my naval and my genitals, off to the right, near my pelvis. The sensation is only mild in pain. I do not feel the sensation constantly and only notice it randomly throughout the day and night. At times, I would say that it is not necessarily pulsating and can kind of feel it slightly lingering.

Any thoughts as to what can be the cause of this?

Thank you!
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
could be arotic aneurysm

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

The pulsation you are feeling could be from an aneurysm from your abdominal arota. And this will need a doppler ultrasound for confirmation.

And in case you are lean in built, you can feel the pulsations of the arota normally, without the presence of any anurysm.

So i would suggest that you see a physician for a clinical examination, and if he also feels the pulsations, get a color doppler usg.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma