Suggest treatment for passive aggressive behavior in a child

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Child Health
Question: I'm looking for techniques to handle passive agressive behavior in a 10 year old
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I think reinforcement is answer for you

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First I ike to inform you that punishment have no role in passive aggression. In my experience it often complicates the problem.

Regarding passive aggression I will advice you to use both positive as well as negative reinforcement.

Rather than focusing on aggressive behavior focus on child's positive behavior and try to reinforce it on irregular interval. Like you can reinforce him on showing certain behavior. The reinforcement include affection, toys, time to play out,allowing him to his favourite activity and many others.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.